Director Instrument Manufacturing-LIF000274
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems are found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world and produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. Beckman Coulter is an operating company of Danaher Corporation.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
The Director Manufacturing will provide overall leadership and management for Life Science Instrument and Reagent Manufacturing Operations. This is a $400 million dollar business with responsibility for three manufacturing facilities in south Florida and in Marseille, France. Responsibilities for this will include overseeing manufacturing operations for the product lines within Instruments, support new product development by prioritizing and allocating resources; oversee technology development in accordance with company strategies, facilitate the transfer of manufacturing methods and/or technologies within Beckman Coulter and/or to external business partners; develop and maintain strong collaborative partnerships with leading experts, other companies, joint ventures, and OEMs; and ensures all FDA, ISO, and related regulatory requirements are consistently met.
· Establishes and approves operational objectives and assignments, delegating assignments to staff
· Forecasts staffing requirements across multiple departments
· Develops resource strategies, allocates budgets, staff, tools, and specialized support necessary for cost-effective operations
· Reviews and monitors operating budgets
· Leads the group’s involvement in the planning processes; participates in division, corporate strategic and tactical planning processes
· Communicates manufacturing issues to executive management, users and staff that can have company-wide impact
· Champion for CPI and DBS
· Bachelor’s degree with 20+ years of experience or Master’s/Doctoral degree with 18+ years experience and at least 6+ years managing people
· Leadership and management experience in developing high performance teams across multi-departmental organizations
· Demonstrated ability leading a major sustained improvement effort.
· Financial/cost accounting experience managing multiple cost centers and budgets.
· Team player with strong customer orientation and ability to work in multinational and multicultural environment.
· Proven leadership skills, good negotiation and public presentation skills
· Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Danaher is a Fortune 200, NYSE-listed, science and technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. Our 59,000 associates around the world serve customers in more than 125 countries. In 2011, we generated $16.1 billion of revenue from five reporting segments: Test & Measurement, Environmental, Dental, Life Sciences & Diagnostics, and Industrial Technologies
: Beckman Coulter
: General Management
: North America-United States-FL-Miami
They forgot to mention. Family oriented person