Articles We Accept
- Niche topics - make good news and unique content. Could be about your specific area of biotech, R&D, funding etc.
- Original unique content - not published on your blog or any other blog in original or any modified form.
- Exclusivity - the same article cannot be modified and published elsewhere. You can link back to the article from your own blog if you have one to let your readers know about your article.
- You are free to promote your article - on social media like Twitter, Digg, Fark, Stubmleupon etc.
Articles We Don't Accept / Common Rejection Reasons
- Sponsored paid articles/links
- Previously published by you in same/modified form on your/any other site
- Self promotional articles for your product / service
- Promoting individual products/services/companies
- Containing affiliate links / Sponsored links/keyword links
- Containing links for unrelated sites /deeplinks
- Links solely for purpose of anchor text for keyword SEO
- Hidden info /Misrepresentation of facts
- Fake author info (If you wish to remain anonymous then nicknames are OK)
- Inappropriate / abusive language
- Defamatory content / suggestion
- Linking out to banned sites / adult sites / redirects
- NSFW links or NSFW images
- Copyrighted content
- Too short
- Poor images
- Not following guidelines
Guest Post Format
Please stick to the format and read these guidelines.
- Introduction - Your name or nickname will be introduced in the first line as “Guest post by”. Name can be linked to your site.
- First line – Choose the text carefully as first line automatically becomes the META description tag of the article and affects search engine search result rankings.
- Article Text - Web readers have short attention spans. Add bold, underlines, paragraphs and h3 tags wherever required to give your article text more clarity. Try bullets, numbered lists to get a better copy.
- External Link policy -There is no limit to external links to other sites. All links are do-follow.
- Images - Strongly recommended you add an image as it helps to get a better reader response. You can find some images on Flickr with Creative Commons license which can be legally shared based on the CC license. Include optimized fast loading images with maximum 500px wide to fit in our template.
- Author Byline – all articles need some information about you. You can add one links to your site here which links to keywords for your site title. Do not link to SEO targeted keywords. Max 2 links allowed in whole article to your site.
How to Submit Guest Article
- Send your article by email to jon @ biofind.com
- Attach article in html format preferably (or MS-Word, txt)
- Attach images separately with email. Check max size is 500px wide. If size is bigger, then please send unresized uncompressed png, we will crop and optimize it. Confirm source of image for credits and CC license.
- Send you twitter url to add to our Twitter guest bloggers list.
- When will the article be published? – Sometimes we will agree small edits with the author to edit the article to make it perform better for you. Article will go live ASAP (1 hour -5 days) depending on how well you have formatted the content. If you have any particular timing or day of choice – do let us know. Please format articles as per guidelines to get them published really fast.
- Can I make any changes once article is published? – If there are minor edits, just let us know.
- Why is my article not published? We envisage receiving a lot of guest articles requests every day, but we are able to publish few articles only. Ensure your article is outstanding and meets the guest post format. Check the reasons for rejection above.
- I want to publish more articles? Sure. Keep sending them in.
After Article is Published
- Answer Comments – readers may like to clarify issues and discuss in comments. Having the guest author answer comments add to credibility and better response.
- Promote on social media sites - submit your article to site like Digg, Stumbleupon, Delicious, Twitter, Facebook and share the article with more friends. If they like your article, they share with more people and they are interested to know who the guest author is and click to your site
- Post link to your blog - Post a link to your guest article on your blog and inform your readers about your article. This will help to showcase your guest blogging skills and they might invite you to guest blog too.