Date(s) And Time(s):
May 5 2010 8:30AM - May 5 2010 5:00PM
Drug Information Association, Inc.
800 Enterprise Rd Ste 200,
Horsham, PA 19044-3509
Data Mining and Signal Detection Techniques to Improve Your Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance Operations
This course will provide techniques for uncovering potential drug safety signals, as well as expert instruction on the role of data mining in signal detection.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
• Why signal detection is needed
• Regulatory requirements
• Approaches to signal detection
• Good pharmacovigilance practices
• Data mining fundamentals
• How to use the Bayesian Confidence Propagation Neural Network (BCPNN)
• Review formulae for determining Proportional Reporting Ratio (PRR) and Multi-Item Gamma Poisson Shrinker (MGPS)
For detailed program information including faculty and topics, please contact: