The new requirements of the HITECH Act have a significant impact on the privacy and security of health information. This webinar will cover the changes required by the HITECH Act and the actions that needed to taken regarding breach notification, business associate contracts, training of staff and security of PHI for business associates. We will also discuss the best practices for data compliance given the impacts on your IT department.
Why Should You Attend: The HITECH Act was one of dozens of provisions tucked into the economic stimulus package, known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, in February 2009. The Act includes beefed-up security provisions in tandem with incentive funds from Medicare and Medicaid to help pay for adoption of electronic health records at hospitals and physician group practices. The intent is to help ensure that as more information is digitized it will remain secure.
Enforcement of perhaps the most significant security provision of HITECH, the security breach notification rule, kicked in earlier this year.
The HITECH Act has accelerated health IT efforts because of the potential bonuses for early compliance and future penalties for not complying with the new regulations. Is your Company on the road to compliance?
Areas Covered in the Session:
* Overview of HITECH Act
* Review the changes that HITECH brings to HIPAA
* HITECH Act's Breach Notification Requirements
* Restrictions on Disclosures
* Accounting of Disclosures
* Prohibition on Sale of EHR
* Restrictions on Marketing
* Impact on Business Associates
* Increased Penalties and Enforcement
* Practical IT Impacts
* Data compliance best practices and solutions
Who Will Benefit:
* Chief Information Officers
* Business and IT Management
* Information Technology Auditors
* Compliance Officers
* Quality Assurance
For More Information: - http://bit.ly/cVPLhW